1. Get your vote
Flux is egalitarian. Every Australian citizen enrolled in Flux receives one vote for each bill before parliament.
2. Swap your vote
Swap away your votes on issues you don't care about, for a credit you can use on issues you do. Our software makes this easy.
3. Cast your vote
Flux Representatives will vote based on the results of the Issue Based Direct Democracy system. This is where you make your voice heard.
Don't feel like scrutinising every bill before parliament? We thought you might say that. There are two other options:
- 1. Give your votes to someone else.
- Each of us has a special set of skills, talents and passions. For governance, this means that some of us are best suited to making decisions on specific things, which is why Flux allows participants the option to pass their voting power to someone they trust, whom they feel is better able to cast their vote. This could be a friend, a community organisation, an activist or even one of the established political parties. This is what we call democracy - the choice is yours.
- If you change your mind about who you've given your vote to, you're free to take it back at any time. Until now, giving your vote to a traditional politician at the ballot box means they can walk away with it, and betray the values on which they were elected. When that happens, you've wasted that vote, and there's not a lot you can do about it.
- 2. Accumulate political capital.
- Because each of us is unique, we all value different aspects of public life differently. Flux recognises this by allowing participants to trade away their votes on issues they don’t value, and save the political capital for those they do! Cast your votes for the issues most important to you and your community.